Like many parts of the nation, in Prescott Valley, breast health is big business. Football players don pink gloves and cleats in honor of breast cancer “awareness,” but what about prevention? If you’re a resident of Prescott, breast health and preventive treatments are well within your reach at the Women’s Health and Healing Center.
Breast cancer awareness has been exploited in our society. While billboards and commercials feature pink ribbons and employees wearing pink, the reality of breast cancer is nothing but pink. Diagnosis and standard of care treatment includes chemotherapy, radiation, hormone therapy that are extremely difficult for a woman to endure. That is why it is important to emphasize that prevention is key.
At the Women’s Health and Healing Center in Prescott Valley, breast health is a result of changing your thinking and taking a holistic, health-conscious approach to treatment. The following are factors that can influence cancer development:
- Belief that you are susceptible to cancer
- Depression, anxiety and other stressors in your life
- Diet consumed of processed foods and drinks
- Indulgence in alcohol and drug use (including nicotine)
- Exposure to environmental toxins
- Treatment with unhealthy mainstream medications including antibiotics, antifungal medications, corticosteroids, Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) and synthetic hormones
At the Prescott breast health center, our views and approach to health are progressive compared to mainstream methods. We believe that education and prevention are key. We explain traditional and alternative forms of breast cancer screening and you will learn how to perform self-examination at the Prescott breast health center.
At the women’s health center in Prescott Valley, breast health starts with education. Here are just a few natural preventive treatment methods for breast cancer:
- Get adequate sunlight or use a Vitamin D supplement.
- Consume high-quality, mercury-free fish oil with omega-3 fatty acids.
- If necessary, discuss using bio-identical hormones with Dr. Hamilton
- Curcumin, which occurs naturally in the herb turmeric, is a natural anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, antioxidant, antiviral and antifungal treatment to be used in lieu of harmful synthetic products.
- Make a regular sleep schedule and stick to it. Treat sleep like an appointment, and get to bed on time!
- Invest time in studying yoga, meditation and other techniques to reduce stress.
- Get to know your beautiful breasts by performing preventative self-examinations, which you can learn from the Prescott Valley breast health center staff.
- Avoid xenoestrogens, which are synthetic compounds designed to mimic estrogen.
- Toss the traditional food pyramid, and make colorful vegetables the base of your diet. If you have trouble consuming vegetables try juicing. Remember to use organic!
- Limit alcoholic drinks to no more than 1 daily.
- Absolutely eliminate any drugs or cigarette use. If you need relaxation, try yoga, exercise or meditation.
Keep in mind that the tips above are for those without a history of breast cancer. If you are a cancer survivor or a have a family history of breast cancer, notify Dr. Hamilton so that she can advise you on preventative measures specific to your situation. At the Women’s Health and Healing Center in Prescott Valley, breast health and women’s health education keep you healthy, happy and able to fully enjoy your life.